Sorry, this event has been cancelled
Saturday, May 26, 8:00 AM
(Near Cold Spring, NY, approx 1h from Ridgefield)
It's been a while since we did a peak, so for our May hike we'll ascend Mount Taurus on the east side of the Hudson near Cold Spring, NY. We'll be climbing non-stop for the first hour and a half but will be rewarded with some great panoramic views of the Hudson river valley.
Here are some guidelines for the hike:
- This is a strenuous 5.5 mile hike with over 1,400 feet of ascent, including some scrambling over rocks. Please be sure you're in good enough shape to complete this hike!
- The hike will go on regardless of weather.
- Please make sure to wear sturdy hiking boots, bring enough water, food, sunscreen and bug spray for yourself, and bring multiple layers of clothing (including rainproof) in case the weather changes.
- It will be approx 1h of travel each way, and we'll be hiking for approx 4 hours, so count on about 6 hours total.
- Rather than all drive independently we'll meet at Tazza at 8am sharp and organize carpools from there.
- No dogs are allowed on this hike.
- There is a limit of 8 people for this hike. Please RSVP by registering for the event on the http://ridgefieldnewcomers.org website.
Looking forward to seeing you!