Spring is in the air and our Newcomers Activity Chairs are brimming over with great offerings this month! We have over a dozen events happening in April. To highlight just a few…
In the spirit of adventure, a few of our activities will explore areas outside of Ridgefield this month:
- Men’s Night Out will be taking to the road and traveling a short distance to Mount Kisco for go-kart racing at Grand Prix-NY on April 6th.
- Weekday Totswill travel to Norwalk to visit the FINtastically RefurFISHed Norwalk Maritime Center on Friday, April 13th.
- Hiking will really go on an adventure on April 29th and couple a great hike with a beautiful sculpture park at Storm King Art Center in New Windsor, NY, about an hour drive from Ridgefield – a real treat for the senses in so many ways!
For those who prefer to stay local there’s more than enough to keep you busy:
- Ladies’ Night Outwill hit Main Street and meet at the Bissell House for appetizers and drinks on Thursday, April 12th.
- Couples Night Outwill try out one of the newer restaurants in town and meet at Tre for a lovely assortment of appetizers, cocktails, and especially good fun, on Saturday, April 14th.
- Family Fun will trot up to Stony Meadow Farms on April 22nd to experience a working horse farm, where they will have pony rides, do crafts, and tour the farm.
We are always looking for something to celebrate in Newcomers, and we always seem to find a good reason to do so! This month we will celebrate our most special group of Newcomers – our newest members!
- Hospitality will host the fourth annual “New” Newcomers Cocktail Party on April 28th at the Keeler Tavern. This special evening gives our newest members an opportunity to meet each other in a more intimate setting.
If you still have time after all of the great activities offered this month, stroll through town and reacquaint yourselves with the great shops, restaurants, museums, parks and everything else that Ridgefield offers! We are so fortunate to have so much available to us right here in town, much of it within walking distance - from hardware store to sweet shop from book store to boutique and then a short stroll to a museum. It’s so important, especially these days, that we show our support to the fabulous array of merchants that we have right here in our quaint little town.