Devil’s Den Loop
Saturday, October 22nd. @ 9:00 AM
Our October hike is at the Nature Conservancy’s Devil’s Den Preserve in Weston. Only 15 minutes from Ridgefield, Devil’s Den is a real local treasure. It’s the largest nature preserve in southwest Connecticut with 1,700 acres of forest and wetlands and over 21 miles of trails. We’ll be doing a “grand tour” of the Den, a loop of around 5.5 miles. The terrain is mostly flat, with a few steep sections. We’ll keep a brisk pace and plan to finish in about 2-2.5 hours, getting you home in time for lunch. While there are no grand vistas on this hike, the views throughout are pleasing and we should enjoy some great fall foliage.
Here are some guidelines for the hike:
- The hike will go on rain or shine; if in doubt please pack your rain gear.
- There are rocky sections on this hike so please bring appropriate footwear: sturdy hiking boots, no sneakers or sandals.
- Please ensure you bring enough water, bug spray and trail snacks for yourself
- Unfortunately dogs are NOT allowed on this hike, as pets aren’t allowed on Nature Conservatory lands.
- This hike is probably too long for young kidsundefinedolder kids are welcome as long as you’re sure they can make it (or you can carry them).
- Please ensure you’re a paid up member before you attend, I have to check everyone’s status before each hike.
- There is no fee for this activity.
Looking forward to seeing you at 9am on Saturday October 22nd.
Directions from the Fountain:
The parking lot is located at the end of Pent Road in Weston. For GPS you can search for the point of interest (POI) “Devil’s Den Preserve” or (approximately) 33 Pent Road, Weston CT. Alternatively here are driving directions from the Fountain:
- Go down Branchville Road toward Route 7
- Go right on Route 7
- After .9 miles go left on School Street
- After .3 miles go right on Route 57/S. Georgetown Road
- After 2.7 miles go left on Godfrey Street
- After .6 miles take a sharp left on Pent Road
- Go to the end till you reach the parking lot